Tuesday 20 November 2012

First Mini Album

This was my very first mini album that I have created for one of my college girlfriends as her wedding gift. Why I have made this mini by using the butterflies chipboard instead of other shapes? This was because my friend likes butterflies very much as I still can remember during our school days when we have our lesson at the lecture hall, she would start to draw butterflies on her notes or even on my notes if she happened to sit next to me. So can you imagine, there are how many butterflies "flying" here and there on her lecture notes. Hehehe......

Besides the butterflies concept, I have also input the ideas of using the western (white) and eastern (red) wedding colors combination in this mini. The supplies used are:
Cardstock: White & Red

Pattern Paper: Prima Marketing  (The Tropics Collection) & White Lace Paper

Embellishments: Prima Marketing Flowers, Making Memories Stickers (Cheeky Shimmer), Spotlight Wedding Stickers, Mix Brand Buttons, Robin's Nest Dew Drops (Metallic Silver), Maya Road Trinkets (Silver), Mix Brand Brads (Silver), Mix Brand Ribbon & Lace & American Crafts Thickers (Vinyl White Lettering Stickers).

Cover Page: 'Xi' traditional chinese character search from internet, print & cut out on red cardstock
 
Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Back Page
 
I really love the overall look of this mini album. When I passed this gift to my friend, she could not believe that I have done this unique gift specially for her and told me that she loves it very much.

This is the photo that the bride (my friend) is holding the mini album on her actual wedding day.(feel so happy whenever i see this photo) :)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin